NetDevOps: The future of Cisco network programmability, network automation and DevOps: Python, Ansible, Kubernetes and more.
The future of Cisco network programmability, network automation and DevOps: Python, Ansible, Kubernetes and more.
David Bombal and Hank Preston discuss Network Automation, Network Programmability, NetDevOps and the future. What should you learn? CCNA or Python? And many other topics!
We discussed the following:
- Hank Preston Introduction
- How did you transition from being a traditional Network Engineer to a NetDevOps Engineer?
- What would you recommend as the first step?
- What should I start with? Ansible or Python?
- Should I study CCNA or Python? CCNP or Python? CCIE or Python?
- Hybrid Engineer, Next-Gen-Network Engineer, NetDevOps
- What is DevOps? NetDevOps?
- Is there a Cisco NetDevOps certification? CCNA/CCNP/CCIE type path?
- What is DevNet? Is DevNet free?
- DevNet Overview Demo (Free labs, free training, free resources, get support).
- DevNet RESTCONF, NETCONF demo
- What are containers?
- What is Docker?
- What are Microservices
- What is Kubernetes?
- Demo Kubernetes and ACI working together
Other topics were also discussed.
All the best!
Your GNS3 Academy Instructor
David Bombal (CCIE #11023 Emeritus) passed his Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching exam in January 2003. David has the highest rated and most popular course in the GNS3 Academy: SDN and OpenFlow Introduction.
David's software tools and training have been downloaded +100,000 times. Many thousands of engineers like you use his tools and training on a regular basis.
David has developed over 20 courses for HP which are used worldwide. These include multiple SDN courses and HP ASE certification courses (4 day Instructor led training).
David's YouTube videos have been viewed +1 million times.
David has been training Cisco and networking courses for 15+ years and has delivered instructor led courses in various countries around the world covering a wide range of Cisco topics from CCNA to CCIE.
He has also personally developed Cisco engineer utilities such as the VPN Config Generator, software, training materials, EBooks, videos and other products which are used throughout the world.